Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using iLogic to change part numbers to the saved file name

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
SleikerBF
135 Views, 3 Replies

Using iLogic to change part numbers to the saved file name

Good Morning or Afternoon,

I'm no stranger to iLogic but I'm still very much a amateur with coding, I've created code that auto creates pdfs of drawings once its saved to a specific folder or creating a fluctuating stair that changes to width and any height. But today I am asking whenever I import a file from content center and the part number in iProperties always changes, if you change the length or the size of that Content Center Part back to the default even if I changed it prior to the saved file name of that part. I want to create code that at assembly level will go through all parts and if its different then the saved ipt file it will change it to that name rather then the default content name it puts there. I've come across a few but I just would like a definitive answer or suggestions. It's been almost a year since I've touched iLogic.

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
A.Acheson
in reply to: SleikerBF

Hi @SleikerBF 

Can you clarify with short bullets the sequence of operations and what variants your working with, will it be filename/part number/description. Are the cc files custom? Are you exchanging custom for standard etc?

It can be a little hard to grasp the interactions when instructions are in paragraph form and are lacking the terminology your seeing when interacting with the files.

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 3 of 4
Andrii_Humeniuk
in reply to: SleikerBF

Hi @SleikerBF . I hope I understood you correctly. You have parts imported from the content center, which you change and resave, but the information in the PartNumber of these parts is not updated. So you need to update the PartNumber based on the filename.
This code searches your assembly for imported content center components and checks that the PartNumber and filename match, and if they differ, a new PartNumber is written.

Public Sub Main()
	Dim oADoc As AssemblyDocument = TryCast(ThisDoc.Document, AssemblyDocument)
	If oADoc Is Nothing Then Exit Sub		
	Dim oOccs As ComponentOccurrences = oADoc.ComponentDefinition.Occurrences
	For Each oCCDoc As PartDocument In oADoc.AllReferencedDocuments.OfType(Of PartDocument)
		If oOccs.AllReferencedOccurrences(oCCDoc.ComponentDefinition).Count = 0 Or
			Not oCCDoc.IsModifiable Then Continue For
		Try : propSet = oCCDoc.PropertySets("{B9600981-DEE8-4547-8D7C-E525B3A1727A}")
		Catch : Continue For : End Try
		Dim sNameCC As String = IO.Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(oCCDoc.DisplayName)
		Dim oPNumb As Inventor.Property = oCCDoc.PropertySets("Design Tracking Properties")("Part Number")
		If Not oPNumb.Value = sNameCC Then oPNumb.Value = sNameCC
	Next
End Sub

Andrii Humeniuk - Leading design engineer

LinkedIn | My free Inventor Addin | My Repositories

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution/Like.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
SleikerBF
in reply to: Andrii_Humeniuk

This worked great, thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report