Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using iLogic Design copy in a rule

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
LuukDW
262 Views, 2 Replies

Using iLogic Design copy in a rule

Hi,

I have created a parametric frame generator with frame member drawings. After each configurated design i want to use the Design copy to export the current configuration. As a bonus i want it to export .PDF files of the drawings.

To do this i want to run the Design copy tool within a iLogic rule. Is this possible? i am not able to find anything online about it what rule to use.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Luuk de Wit
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alexanderboogaard
in reply to: LuukDW

Hi @LuukDW,

As far as i know the iLogic Design Copy can only be run when no documents are open in Inventor, but to run an iLogic rule you need open documents. Without open documents the iLogic add-in isn't loaded.

Kind regards,
Alexander Boogaard
Message 3 of 3
A.Acheson
in reply to: LuukDW

Hi @LuukDW 

There is no way to automate the ilogic design copy tool in ilogic because you need all files closed as per @alexanderboogaard post. To do this you need an addin to effectively recreate the functionality of the copy design tool. The code for this is located in the SDK folder located in the API help files. This post here had a modified version of the sdk. If you want further modification you will need to develop the addin further.

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report