Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Ilogic constraints

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sam.caruth
131 Views, 2 Replies

Using Ilogic constraints

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to ilogic so this may be really easy.

I've created an assembly and have inserted a part. I'm now looking for a way to add an angle constraint between an axis on that part and XZ plane of the main assembly.

I've been working mostly using the in-built snippets but I can only find a constraint between two components.

Hope this makes sense,

thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @sam.caruth 

Welcome to the forum.

The best way to do this ( and learn this) is to create the assembly constraint manually, and then "extract" the code. 

If you do this for using the angle on the plane, it will show you the exact syntax needed.

You can do this by creating a rule, and then locating the components in the Model tab as shown and then right clicking on the component and selecting Capture Current State ( Components Constraints Add)

Curtis_Waguespack_1-1719926055030.png

You can also locate the constraint in the Relationships folder as shown and extract from it.

Curtis_Waguespack_2-1719926110650.png

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 3

Thanks Curtis!

This worked well, it also helped me work out a completely different problem I've been having!

Cheers,
Sam 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report