Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit / Type visibility in form

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Mark_Geurds
273 Views, 2 Replies

Unit / Type visibility in form

Hello Everyone. 

A bit late, but best wishes to all of you!

I was wondering if it is possible to NOT show the unit/type in a Form. Even when I turn of the show unit/type in the custom parameter properties dialogue box, it still shows 'mm' in my form.

Labels (7)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
WCrihfield
in reply to: Mark_Geurds

That setting effects the custom iProperty that is created as a result of 'exposing' that parameter.  So, depending on why you have that data shown in your form, you may have to put the custom iProperty into your form, instead of the Parameter, then it will display as you have those settings set-up.  Otherwise, iLogic form's are fairly basic and don't have specific enough controls to limit that aspect of a parameter's value.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 3 of 3
Ralf_Krieg
in reply to: Mark_Geurds

Hello

The user defined property format is only relevant for the export of parameter values to user defined properties.

Do you display the parameter value in an iLogic form or what is "my form"?

Export the parameter as user defined iProperty without units and display the iProperty value instead parameter value in form is one possible way. Another would be to cut off units before displaying, but this is not possible in iLogic forms.

EDIT: ups, too late

R. Krieg
RKW Solutions GmbH
www.rkw-solutions.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report