Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texture editor changes not being applied

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bicartwright
364 Views, 4 Replies

Texture editor changes not being applied

I'm using Inventor 2020 on Windows 10, same version I've been using for months.

I'm trying to rotate the grain on a wood texture by 90 degrees.  I've done this often as recently as yesterday.  Today the changes are not being applied.

In this specific incident I'm doing the following.

• The material's editors are set to Inventor Materials
  • I choose the material to apply - Walnut
  • I then click on the materials browser icon (global shaped icon to the left of the materials chooser
  • I double click the material I'm using - Wood (Walnut)
  • I choose the Appearance Tab
  • In the "wood" panel I double click on the walnut image opening the opening the Texture Editor
  • I change Rotation from 0 to 90 degrees
  • Back on the Material Editor popup window I click Apply

I see no change in either the Material Editor image or on my part

I've done this quite often in the past w/o and problems.

I've tried closing inventor and rebooting Windows.  I've also tried changing projects and creating a new part but that has the same problem.

Any thoughts?

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
GosponZ
in reply to: bicartwright

Make Walnut appearance with 0 deg. and make another one with 90. I'm using for years works perfect.

I didn't have much problem in Inv2020 but  Inv2021 is for me probably the worst release.

Message 3 of 5
bicartwright
in reply to: GosponZ

Thanks for the suggestion. 

I already tried that and also tried other woods as well and all behave the same way. 

Message 4 of 5
GosponZ
in reply to: bicartwright

Do know man i do have issue with appearance in 2021 but can't find solution. Do you have issue with density materials?Try reset Inventor or reinstall, maybe help.

Message 5 of 5
bicartwright
in reply to: GosponZ

Hi Gospon, Yeah, good idea but I tried that and it didn't solve it.  I did manage to get another wood that I'd never used to work but not any that I've used before.  I also deleted the material libraries and reinstalled them with no success  I also did a reset Inventor to factory defaults, no luck there either

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report