Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surfacetexturesymbol orientation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tobias_wiesendanger
171 Views, 1 Reply

Surfacetexturesymbol orientation

Anybody has an idea how to decide if a surfacetexturesymbol is on the left or on the right. I did not find any property that could help me check if it is on the left side or on the right side. Also why is the surfacetexturesymbol.Position in such a random position? (Those two circles mark it)

2023-10-25 20_47_58-Autodesk Inventor Professional 2024.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

The key are the leadernotes.

When adding a surfaceTextureDefinition make sure, that the first Point is at the position of the text, and the second is on your geometry.

Dim oCurve As DrawingCurve = THisApplication..CommandManager.Pick(SelectionFilterEnum.kDrawingCurveSegmentFilter, "Pick Curve")
 Dim oLeaderPoints As ObjectCollection = oInvApp.TransientObjects.CreateObjectCollection
 Dim oIntent As GeometryIntent = oSheet.CreateGeometryIntent(oCurve, PointIntentEnum.kMidPointIntent)
 Dim x1 As Double = oCurve.MidPoint.X
 Dim y1 As Double = oCurve.MidPoint.Y + 0.0000001
 oLeaderPoints.Add(oInvApp.TransientGeometry.CreatePoint2d(x1, y1))
 oLeaderPoints.Add(oIntent)
Dim oSurfaceTextureSymbolDefinition As SurfaceTextureSymbolDefinition = oSheet.SurfaceTextureSymbols.CreateDefinition()
Dim oSurfaceTextureSymbol As SurfaceTextureSymbol
oSurfaceTextureSymbol = oSheet.SurfaceTextureSymbols.AddByDefinition(LeaderPoints:=oLeaderPoints, SurfaceTextureSymbolDefinition:=oSurfaceTextureSymbolDefinition)

I only found a solution when creating. Flipping an existing Symbol is not possible so far (for me)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report