Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress analysis -Invalid shells that can´t be deleted

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
386 Views, 1 Reply

Stress analysis -Invalid shells that can´t be deleted

Hi

I have a problem and have tried to solve it for 2 days now and it dosen´t work and I am very frustrated.

I work with many thin bodies in an assembly. Before I do my stress analysis I convert all parts that are thin to midsurfaces, eader with "Find thin bodies" or "Midsurfaces".

During my work, some changes are made and some parts are replaced or deleted.

After that I want to place forces and pressure and I discover that I can´t place any new loadings. I klick on the Shell folder and at the top it is a folder that has no name. I opened that folder and it consist of two midsurfaces that has a invalid mark infront of them.

These midsurfaces can´t be deleted. I have tried to insert the old parts and try to think of any changes that I have done, that chould be conected to thos midsurfaces. Some of the invalid midsurfaces can be deleted after the original part are inserted again but this time I have tried everything and I can´t spend this much time on two invalid shells.

How can I delete or removes Invalid shells in a better way? Are there any wayto do this?

I have decided will start from the beginning and build up my assembly again, but this has cost me 2,5 days of work and that is not acceptable.

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ingolfurH6C3A
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello, 

I have had the same problem but might have found a way around this. 

If you add some new thin bodies and use "Find thin bodies", after running that I have managed to delete the midsurfaces that are not in the model. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report