Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select vs Pick - API

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1277 Views, 2 Replies

Select vs Pick - API

So, I'm writing a program (C#) that automates the notch tool within the frame generator add-in in Inventor. The idea is that I can select one part and then select multiple other parts that will notch to the first selected part automatically. This will save me a TON of time if I get it working correctly. With that being said, I have it to the the point where the user selects the first part and then window multiple parts (these are stored and then cycled through later), then I use SendKeys to open the "Notch Tool", and now this is where I encounter my problem. 

The Notch Tool is waiting for the user to Pick/Select one part. In my code I've tried to use the CommandManager.DoSelect method which does not register with the tool (I'll exit out of the tool and the part will be selected). My thinking is that this notch tool will only accept the CommandManager.Pick method which would defeat the purpose of the program as I do not want the user to have to go through the parts one by one notching them together.

Is there a way to simulate a mouse click on a selected occurrence within Inventor? Is there another approach I should be considering? And finally, could someone please rewrite the actual notch tool to allow multiple notches to be done at once?! I'll post a snippet of my code and I'll gladly post more if need be. Any help will be greatly appreciated as always. Thanks.

docName = instance.ActiveDocument.DisplayName;

int iHandle = NativeWin32.FindWindow(null, "Autodesk Inventor 2012 - [" + docName + "]");
this.Hide();
NativeWin32.SetForegroundWindow(iHandle);

keybd_event(0x23, 0x4F, 0, 0); // Press End
keybd_event(0x23, 0xCF, 0, 0); // Release End (Brings up notch tool)
Thread.Sleep(3000);
//keybd_event(0x28, 0x0F, 0, 0); // Press Tab
//keybd_event(0x09, 0x8F, 0, 0); // Release Tab
NativeWin32.SetForegroundWindow(iHandle);
Thread.Sleep(500);
instance.CommandManager.DoSelect(vert); 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ekinsb
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately, most commands cannot be driven externally.  There are a few command that will support pre-selecting things and then when the command is executed they'll use whatever is selected, but the majority of commands are more complicated than that and do all of there selection within the command.  Sorry for the bad news.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ekinsb

Thanks for the response Brian.

I am currently in the process of using a combination of screen resolution, DoSelect, Cursor.Position, and view combinations to achieve my solution. Though primitive, it seems to be getting the job done in an efficient enough manner. I'll post my solution upon completion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report