Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample C++ addin (SimpleAddinCpp) will not successfully register ... and an older addin will not load (Inventor 2022)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
PeteRimkus
447 Views, 4 Replies

Sample C++ addin (SimpleAddinCpp) will not successfully register ... and an older addin will not load (Inventor 2022)

Hello,

We have found that an addin that we developed years ago is failing to be listed in the Tools/Addins dialog of Inventor 2022. It was loading fine in I2021.

I'm guessing something changed somewhere in I2022, so I went and built the SimpleAddin sample under C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2022\SDK\DeveloperTools\Samples\VC++ .

That builds successfully, but I cannot register it using Regsvr32 with Admin privileges. I get an error "The module "blah blah blah.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070715."

It too, therefore, never shows up in the Tools/Addins dialog either.

Thoughts? Hints?

Thanks in advance

Pete

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JelteDeJong
in reply to: PeteRimkus

In inventor 2022 some things have been changed for "Registry-based Add-ins". You might want to have a look at this post: "Retire Registry-based Add-ins in Inventor 2022"

Jelte de Jong
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Blog: hjalte.nl - github.com

Message 3 of 5
PeteRimkus

I think that might be exactly what I need. Thanks! I will try that today (if time allows) and report back.

Thanks again.

Pete

Message 4 of 5
PeteRimkus

Thanks again ... almost there!

Making the changes described in the docs you pointed out does get my Addin to successfully show up in the Addins dialog:

PeteRimkus_0-1632495762932.png

... but it is not available in the "Add-Ins" ribbon like my old registry-based one was...

PeteRimkus_1-1632496089484.png

Has something else changed?

Thanks in advance

Pete

Tags (2)
Message 5 of 5
PeteRimkus

It looks like a reboot cleared it up ... it's now appearing in the Addins ribbon.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report