Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rule for auto exporting STP files

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
G.vd.lisdonk
358 Views, 2 Replies

rule for auto exporting STP files

Hello,

Iam looking for a rule that wil automaticly make a stp file of the part when its closed.

I have a rule that will make the stp file but it wont make a revision when needed so when i run the rule with a event trigger while closing it wil overwrite the original stp, this i dont want.

I have a rule like this for making pdf's of idw files but i cant figure it out for stp files.

anybody got any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
WCrihfield
in reply to: G.vd.lisdonk

What exactly do you want the rule to do...in detail?  You said you have a rule, but it "won't make a revision when needed".  What does that phrase mean?  Do you never want the rule to overwrite an existing step file, or only in certain situations?  Are you wanting there to be additional information in the name of the file it is creating, that is not currently being specified?  Are you wanting the rule to retrieve the value of the "Revision Number" iProperty of the document, then put that into the file name somewhere?  If so, do you want the rule to check if that specific file name has already been used (file exists), and if it has/does, then don't create a new step file?

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 3 of 3
G.vd.lisdonk
in reply to: WCrihfield

Hello,

When there is allready a stp file of the part currently worked on i would like to have a popup that asks if the stp may be overwritten.

When tere is a revision number in the propertys, lets say A I would like to have "_A" added to the stp file name, then i would also like to have a popup asking if this may be overwritten when the _A name is allready in use.

i hope you have the right information now, thanks in advance,

ps. i accidently accepted your awnser as solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report