Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolve; New parameter added via runexternalrule into a referenced spreadsheet not available while original rule runs

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
j3scat
158 Views, 1 Reply

Resolve; New parameter added via runexternalrule into a referenced spreadsheet not available while original rule runs

I have a rule to place parts into my assembly to a position defined in a linked spreadsheet.

Sometimes, the correct position is missing from my spreadsheet and I want the user to be able to add the value 'on the fly'.  I call the following rule 'Add SS Param' that allows the user to make some choices and writes/adds the parameter and expression into my linked spreadsheet.

iLogicVb.RunExternalRule("Add SS Param", Map)

My problem is after this rule is run, the newly added parameter is not accessible as my original rule continues.

I've tried the following directly after the rule to get my model to see the new parameter, but to no avail.

RuleParametersOutput()
InventorVb.DocumentUpdate()

I've confirmed the parameter is added to my spreadsheet. My code breaks, but when I re-run the rule the parameter is accessible.

What can I do to get access to the new parameter added into my linked spreadsheet

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
A.Acheson
in reply to: j3scat

It sounds like your code isn't seeing the update excel file value. Have you tried saving the file, closing and reopening looking for the new cell? Can you attach rhe rules your going? It is a little difficult to diagnose without the full code and steps to test. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report