Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Scaling and Titles

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sattju
407 Views, 2 Replies

Questions about Scaling and Titles

I have a couple of questions in regards to title and scaling. I am wanting to change my titles and scaling to a specific template instead of what the default is in Inventor. I have attached an example of what I am needing to do so any help would be appreciated. I'm needing the scaling to be more imperial (ex. 1" = 1'-0" instead of the default fraction scaling.)

Also, if there is a way to create this specific title for all of my views as you would create in AutoCad?

See image attached for example.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
WCrihfield
in reply to: sattju

You will need to create a SketchedSymbol with either prompted entries or property linked text inserted to end up with something like the image you attached.  You would normally get a pure text result, but if you need custom geometry within it, you will need to go the SketchedSymbol route.

But to just modify the default, purely textual result, you can do that here:

Open your Styles and Standards Editor > Select your active Standard style > click the "View Preferences" tab on the right.

As you change the drop-down list under "View Type" the options will change to allow a different scenario for each different type of drawing view.  There are lots of customizations available there, but it's not enough to include custom geometry.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 3 of 3
sattju
in reply to: WCrihfield

Thanks! That makes sense. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report