Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pushing IDW iproperties to match model

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sreed
478 Views, 3 Replies

pushing IDW iproperties to match model

I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction, previously we created two rules to grab the “Design State” and “Checked Date” from the model and have it show up in a form in the IDW and be able to change them in the form and pushed back to the model.  This works great!  Now I am being asked to include more fields, like title and subject.  So I have added more lines to the Rules but I get an error every time I try and run it.  Can you please look at the attached files and tell me what I am doing wrong? Also attached is the drawing with the form we would use to fill in the Title block.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: sreed

Sreed,

From a brief look at your external rule, the issue is that the Title and Subject properties is under a different tab within iProperties which means that it is under a different group of properties. The "Design State" and the "Checked Date" is grouped with the "Design Tracking Properties". The "Title" and "Subject" is grouped with the "Summary Information". So I believe if you change "Design Tracking Properties" in the line of code for "Title" and "Subject" to "Summary Information", that should correct your issue. Try that and hope that solves it.

DanV

Message 3 of 4
sreed
in reply to: Anonymous

that worked, my next question is how did you know to put Information after summary, what would I put for anything under the project tab?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: sreed

When working with iProperties, there are four property sets that group the iproperties. They are Summary Information, Document Summary Information, Design Tracking Properties, User Defined Properties. How I knew is from working with the Inventor API. If you go to the Programming Help and search for "Design Tracking", the search topic of "Working with iProperties" will give you more information. Now if you search on the different property sets, you should be able to find out which iproperty belongs to which property set. 

2019-07-11_10-45-23.jpg

Hope that helps.

DanV

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report