Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming APİ With Layered Architecture

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Mehmet_Fatih_Turker
217 Views, 3 Replies

Programming APİ With Layered Architecture

Hi all,

Im currently working on consederably big scale(for applications that I found examples in internet) project for a company. I have little experience in c#.net and I have worked on projects like basic ERP systems or e-commerce systems that works with databases(by using sql also). As many of you familiars with the programming principle of layered architecture I worked with mainly. Ideally, there are models, services , databases etc, enums, entities(in my case entities will be used as parameters) described at models and services gets those parameters from model and sends to database or view(frontend-in my case I will use win forms) and so on. Simply - By the end of project, when user enters 50 or 60 values to program, program will calculate equations and feed the CAD models(Parts and Assys) and create end product. It was done by excel program but now they want to update the program and carry program to coding enviroment.

Question is, can/should I use such structure in order to build up comprehensive program with using vb. net for Inventor ? 

Can I use asynchronous methods in order to enhance user effectiviness ? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The API is structured.

Here is API reference: https://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-6FD7AA08-1E43-43FC-971B-5F20E56C8846

Also a pdf in the SDK.

Message 3 of 4

Hi frederic,

Thanks for response, However, I already know that those objects and tools I can use  but what Im asking is that more like/for instance ıt will have user register layers some ribbons for user to get into technical standards and checkboxes for cross-checking values etc. Its gonna be heavy for Inventor I think.

Message 4 of 4

API has access to IV ribbon and menu.

Windows dialog box is available to VBA macro and API.

IV parameters can handle equations.

Addin will be running in IV so it'll be as fast as it can be.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report