Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing/Exporting Assembly drawings for parts book pages

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
D_Beezhold
112 Views, 2 Replies

Printing/Exporting Assembly drawings for parts book pages

Running Vault Pro 2022/Inventor 2022

I have a request by my management team to export our assembly drawings to PDF with some specific criteria.

1. The PDF is to be used as a parts book page so drawing views and BOMs are required.

2. The standard title block can't be seen, a "scrubbed down" version with less information needs to be seen. Basically it consists of the main description, part number, revision number, sheet numbers and the latest ECN number.

3. No revision table to be seen.

4. No border to be seen.

I explained to my management team, that I might be able to get creative with some of the .idw file layers and turn off normal drawing features and turn on a set of layers that would essentially make the engineering drawing look like a parts book page. A person could then export the drawing to pdf, and close without saving any changes. This would keep the integrity of the engineering drawing intact and allow for a PDF page to be generated using the drawing views and BOM. This would need to be done manually for each drawing in which there are hundreds.

Management then asked if this could be automated. (Similar to some automated PDF/DXF tools we have currently set up in our Vault. Those tools are just straight exports though, no layer manipulation) I told them that neither Inventor's or Vaults printing/publishing tools allow for layer control to my knowledge, but that I would pose the question to the forums and see what I get.

My question is has anyone run across this scenario before or have tried to manipulate layers to change the purpose of a drawing for another company dept. like Tech. Pub.?

-Derrick

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
japike
in reply to: D_Beezhold

Try posting your question here:

Inventor Customization 

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2024
Message 3 of 3
japike
in reply to: japike

Oops, try here

Inventor Customization 

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report