Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newinstalled Inventor 2021. New or open part or assembly crash the Inventor.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ovedenic
870 Views, 3 Replies

Newinstalled Inventor 2021. New or open part or assembly crash the Inventor.

Hi.

I have 64 bit Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Build 18363 (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)

Dell Precision 7730, Bios 1.12.1, 64 GB RAM

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-8950HK CPU @ 2.90GHz (6 CPUs), ~2.9GHz

NVIDIA Quadro P4200, Driver 26.21.14.4112 downloaded from Autodesk approved Graphics Card.

Installed Autocad 2021,64 bit, and open. It work fine.

Installed Invnetor 2021, 64 bit.

• Open is ok
  • new blank drawing or presentation is ok
  • new or open part or assembly crash Inventor without any warning. It starts the loading-process and then i crash. 
  • I have set up the NVIDI graphic with recommendations from Autodesk websites.

What is wrong?

I have used 4 days tried to get it work. DirectX 12 is used.

I belive it has to be something regarding the 3D environment between program and graphics card to do, since it only when Part or Assembly is opened/new.

Kind regards Ove

Labels (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ovedenic

It might be worth looking at your Inventor installation. Not sure what steps you followed, but this article might help: https://clintbrown.co.uk/2020/04/16/successfully-installing-your-autodesk-software/ I follow this step up routine every time I install Autodesk software and I generally do not have any issues.

Message 3 of 4

Same issue on my end. Enabling "Software Graphics" under the hardware tab in options fixes it (though performance is awful). So that tells me it's a GPU compatibility issue.

CPU: i7-8700k

RAM: 32GB

GPU: GTX 1080Ti

Message 4 of 4

Hi.

The problem is solved, with a hint from CAD delivery company Symetri in Norway, Stavanger.

The computer was new. It looks like factory innstaled Windows 10 (pro) not are optimally installed.

I installed a clean Windows 10 Pro, the Autodesk recomanded driver and Inventor 2021. Then all worked almost fine. Part and Assembly worked, but the model rotated not smoothly.

I tried different settings for the graphic card and tuned som settings in Inventor without success.

So, I desided to install a newer driver dirctly from Nvidia (Nvidia Quadro P4200).

The model rotated smoothly after the newer driver installalation. Inventor works extremly good now, to be honest.

To all out there that by a computer for CAD use, where a factory installed Windows is pre-installed on the computer.

Make first a Clean Windows 10 (pro) installation, before installing Inventor.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000735/windows-10-reinstall

Kind regards Ove

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report