Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving the dimension text in the drawing automatically - Inventor 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
442 Views, 2 Replies

Moving the dimension text in the drawing automatically - Inventor 2014

First of all, hello to you guys as this is my first post here on this forum;)

I have a question about formatting the dimension text so it would show up at far right near the arrow (like in the marked area below). This counts for all dimensions in the drawing.

thumbnail_2017-04-25 16_34_49-Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 - [1294153-100-LOP.idw].jpg.png

I know we can drag the dimension text manually, but is there an option to do this automatically? Maybe change something in the dimension style? Or is it not possible/use some iLogic? Some of the CNC guys prefer it that way (as it makes our drawings easier to read), but without automatization this could be more trouble than it's worth.

Thanks for any information!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello and welcome to the community!

Are you looking for dimensions to automatically position themselves to the right on creation? Or move the position of existing dimensions?

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Honestly, if it's possible it could be done either way - of course, if it's done on creation then one less button to click for us 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report