Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more than one profile for sweep

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
etrejoAE79M
402 Views, 5 Replies

more than one profile for sweep

How would you create a sweep with 2 profile along a closed rectangular path? 3 sides (top and sides) of the path use one profile and 1 side (bottom) uses something different.

Attached is .ipt

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @etrejoAE79M

Thanks for posting this question!

I do not know if I understood you question right, but for the first sweep is enough if you select the three lines (edges) where you want to sweep the geometry.

I attach you my modified ipt, let me know if it is what you were expecting.

Hope it helps!!

Cheers,

Javier

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Javier Jubierre
Message 3 of 6

The bottom edge has a different profile from the top and side edges. How can this be achieved using the loft command?

Message 4 of 6

Hi @etrejoAE79M

Did you check out the ipt I uploaded on my last post? Is that not what you demands? Or you want a smooth transition between the three sides and the single edge?

Cheers,

Javier

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Javier Jubierre
Message 5 of 6

Smooth trasnsition

Message 6 of 6

Hi @etrejoAE79M

Thanks for your fast reply!!

If you want a smooth transition this is not going to be that easy. First you need to define - close to the corner - two sketches with your final geometries. As the loft feature probably will try a direct transition, if this not suit you, you will need to define some rails or intermediate sketches in oder to "explain" to the geometric kernel how your transition should be made.

Once more, not an easy task, but not impossible. In addition, to have a 90° straight corner is going to make everything quite difficult. As I said, not impossible, but quite time consuming!!

Best luck on your modeling!!

Cheers,

Javier

Javier Jubierre

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report