Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirrored Hole Note quantities

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
JohnKHouston
79 Views, 0 Replies

Mirrored Hole Note quantities

Hello all,

I often use the mirror feature in an assembly to drill holes on both sides of an object. When I detail the holes in a drawing, the hole note counts all the holes including the mirrored holes. This presents a problem using the <QTYNOTE> in the hole note. I tried to edit the quantity note to select the number of like holes in view, but it still displayed the QTYNOTE as the total sum of holes, not just the holes in the view.

I've often just manually added a note saying "(xx amt) PER SIDE", but that causes issues because now I have the automatically calculated number of holes and the manually entered number of holes. For example, my hole note would read like this when I have 24 holes in total but only 12 per side;

25/64 THRU

24X (12X PER SIDE)

Where both the diameter and the quantity note are using the generated values but I have to manually enter the '12X PER SIDE'

Obviously manually entering the 12X value isn't good because it could be missed if the hole quantity is ever changed. Are there any options that would allow me to divide the 24X and add that to my hole note, or have the program see the hole quantity properly in the number of like holes option?

Perhaps there's already some way of correcting this issue? I suppose I could not use the mirror command but I'm lazy sometimes!  🙂

Any and all suggestions appreciated, have a great day!

Regards,

John

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report