Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MATPROPS Publish tool add-in ignore existing files?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Clo-z-nuff_2
148 Views, 2 Replies

MATPROPS Publish tool add-in ignore existing files?

Is anyone using the Matprops Publish add-in to export Inventor flat patterns to dxf or dwg?  It appears this would work well for us but there are occasions where we will modify the exported dwg file and I don't want that file to be written over when the next mass dwg export takes place.  Is there a way to ignore existing files?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
w.pepping
in reply to: Clo-z-nuff_2

You need an option to keep the files from an earlier export? 

As programmer of this tool I can help of course. 
please describe your workflow. 
regards,

Get control of your sheet metal files.
Download the app from matprop.com
Message 3 of 3
Clo-z-nuff_2
in reply to: w.pepping

Hello @w.pepping, we re-use many components between designs and on occasion will have to make a manual change to the exported dwg file (we use dwg files to use on our plasma cut tables which use ProNest).  I don't want these manual changes overwritten.  So, if a file exists already in the assigned location, I don't want it to be overwritten.

I imagine a global selection button to allow these files to be over written or ignored.  Does that make sense?

Great tool, thanks for the response!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report