Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader Notes - .Text no longer pulls Property Values

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rharmon8EDJS
200 Views, 5 Replies

Leader Notes - .Text no longer pulls Property Values

Hello!

I've recently noticed one of my iLogic Rules no longer pulls the information from properties utilizing .Text, I was wondering if there's a new method?

For example:

For Each oSheet as Sheet in oDoc.Sheets
   For Each oLeader As LeaderNote In oSheet.DrawingNotes.LeaderNotes
      Dim LeaderText As String = oLeader.Text
   Next
Next

This pulls "<PROPERTY>" rather than the property value. Before, it'd pull the property value instead of "<PROPERTY>".

Is there anyway to pull the property information through this still? I personally can't find anything.

Thank you all!

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
WCrihfield
in reply to: rharmon8EDJS

What year/version of Inventor are you using?  I'm using 2024.3 and if the only contents in my LeaderNote is pointing to the Part Number standard iProperty of 'the model', it still shows me the value of the model's Part Number in the LeaderNote.Text property value.  What type of property is it (standard, custom, derived)?

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 3 of 6
rharmon8EDJS
in reply to: WCrihfield

Sorry, I should've included that.

We migrated from Inventor Pro. 2023 -> Inventor Pro. 2025.

Interestingly enough, it works sometimes on other computers. Maybe it's a setting?...

This is a custom property, <PropertyDocument='model'PropertySet='UserDefinedProperties'Property='TAGNUMBER'FormatID='{D5CDD505-2E9C-101B-9397-08002B2CF9AE}'PropertyID='13'>TAGNUMBER</Property> from the FormattedText, .Text shows <TAGNUMBER> but it should show the value of TAGNUMBER lol.

Message 4 of 6
WCrihfield
in reply to: rharmon8EDJS

Interesting.  I see that there are 2 new LeaderNote properties for 2025 (LeaderNote.Retrieved & LeaderNote.RetrievedFrom).

Also, just to be thorough, check in the Document Settings (Tools tab, Options panel), and check in the DimensionStyle being used for that LeaderNote.DimensionStyle property value, but maybe check it manually, in the Styles & Standards editor.  I did not see anything in either place in my version, but maybe there will be something there for you in 2025 version.  Also, in 2024, when I have a LeaderNote selected, then right-click, there is an option in the right-click menu called "Edit Unit Attributes".  For me, this is only useful if it is showing a numeric value, but maybe it contains something extra for you.  Just some areas to check out.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 5 of 6
rharmon8EDJS
in reply to: WCrihfield

@WCrihfield wrote:

Interesting.  I see that there are 2 new LeaderNote properties for 2025 (LeaderNote.Retrieved & LeaderNote.RetrievedFrom).

Also, just to be thorough, check in the Document Settings (Tools tab, Options panel), and check in the DimensionStyle being used for that LeaderNote.DimensionStyle property value, but maybe check it manually, in the Styles & Standards editor.  I did not see anything in either place in my version, but maybe there will be something there for you in 2025 version.  Also, in 2024, when I have a LeaderNote selected, then right-click, there is an option in the right-click menu called "Edit Unit Attributes".  For me, this is only useful if it is showing a numeric value, but maybe it contains something extra for you.  Just some areas to check out.

I checked the settings, i do not see anything for Retrieved/RetrivedFrom. Right clicking a leader and going into "Edit Unit Attributes", it uses Standard Notation. I personally just don't see anything though. I attached a few photos just in case someone else sees anything.

rharmon8EDJS_0-1722272688552.pngrharmon8EDJS_1-1722272700821.png

rharmon8EDJS_2-1722272807035.png

Message 6 of 6

Good morning,

I have run into the same issue. What i did to solve it was replace the Custom Field inside the note. to my understanding what is happening, is when inventor migrates sometimes it doesn't see <CustomiProp> as a value field to fill it see it as "<CusomiProp>" as a string. Even more curious is that it only happens sometimes, we have 4 users and we can each run into that issue, and its not the same each time. i'm sure there is a deeper reason why, but we have found re-building the note fixes the issue for us.

i hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report