Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

it is possible to get Original Create Date ? with i logic ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Darkforce_the_ilogic_guy
209 Views, 2 Replies

I have create a ilogic code that analyse an assambly for all kind of stuff.  in this you the user need to input the date he/she start on the Main assambly  to only get information about error that the user have done. Like forgot to need weight of part like motor, and other  their stuff  we buy but not producus our self

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello

This will show you the Creation Time property

Dim oDoc As Document = ThisDoc.Document
Dim oPropSet As PropertySet = oDoc.PropertySets.Item("{32853F0F-3444-11D1-9E93-0060B03C1CA6}")
Dim oProp As Inventor.Property = oPropSet.Item("Creation Time")

MsgBox(oProp.Value)

R. Krieg
RKW Solutions GmbH
www.rkw-solutions.com
Message 3 of 3

Are you talking about the creation date that you can manually set within the iProperties dialog Project tab, or the actual file creation date?  If you are talking about the file's creation data, then here is some code to get that.

Dim oCDate As Date = System.IO.File.GetCreationTime(ThisDoc.Document.FullFileName)
MsgBox(oCDate.ToShortDateString,,"File Creation Date")

If this solved your problem, or answered your question, please click ACCEPT SOLUTION.
Or, if this helped you, please click (LIKE or KUDOS) 👍.

If you want and have time, I would appreciate your Vote(s) for My IDEAS :light_bulb:or you can Explore My CONTRIBUTIONS

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report