Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with internal code identification and a single dimension direction.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Jpfeifer5TC7R
81 Views, 0 Replies

Issue with internal code identification and a single dimension direction.

Good afternoon friends, 

I'm diving into some old code here at the workplace. So far I've been able to reestablish the UCS location and change the type of cut to match new the UCS location. However in doing so, I now have a single dimension line that's being created inside the code to depict the start location of the revolve needed.

I've attached a picture of the sketch in question. It's the 6" dimension sitting near the edge of the circle. 

For the life of me, no matter what I change within the code I cannot find where this dimension is being created to manipulate the direction. I have tried switching the order of the referenced work points in an attempt to force the dimension to the other side. I need that revolve to be on the OD of the part, not the ID. Changing the dimension to negative only leads to the same result. The only thing left is for me to try to establish the rectangle sketchs earlier in the code to start beyond the tank OD. This way when the code gets to the point of attaching the 6" dimension it has no choice but to be stuck to the outside. 

I have to be careful posting the code itself, and most likely I'm operating a bit outside my knowledge base right now. However, when the UCS was not in the center of the part, the dimension line was created to the correct side. Can anyone explain to me what I'm looking for in terms that may exist within the code to try and track this down? I feel like I'm missing something entirely obvious, thank you. 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report