Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is hole inside a sketch loop

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pball
304 Views, 1 Reply

Is hole inside a sketch loop

I'm trying to make a script that suppress any patterned holes that are not inside of a boundary sketch. There is a script on the Mod the Machine site (link below) that does this but it fails if there are any partial holes on the edge of the part and I want a more robust version that deals with that edge case.

Here is an example of what I'm looking to do. Every hole in the pattern that is not fully inside the sketch boundary should be suppressed.

holes.PNG

I've found code to get the center point of of a hole, so my idea is to see if that center point is inside the sketched boundary. I've searched around and have yet to find a method to check if a point is inside a sketch loop or on a surface if a surface were created from the sketch loop.

So my main question is does anyone know a method to check if a point is inside a sketch loop or on a surface or anything else that would yield the same results?

Attached is a test part with the iLogic script from the link below included also.

Mod the Machine Holes inside a boundary

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
christopher_amstutz
in reply to: pball

I second this question! is there any method to accomplish this? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report