Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iproperties and Ilogic

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
SofiaGrave4819
458 Views, 1 Reply

Iproperties and Ilogic

hello to all

I have a form that is loading automaticly in my part model.

where i write the part number, description, project and custom titles.

my questions are:

1 - when i write the part number i would like then when i click apply it opens the save box with the same partnumber.

2 - it's possible to check-in the file during the saving and keeping the file checkout?

3 -  i would like that some of the properties would be transfer to the drawing, like the descripion and the project (this two are from the part properties.

4 - transfer also for the drawing the custom titles to the custom iproperties of the drawing as pre fill in.

my for is in the capture picture

thanks to all

Sofia Grave

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi, 

Frankly, I am trying to answer something about your questions:

1 - when i write the part number i would like then when i click apply it opens the save box with the same partnumber.

Do you mean to save the current file to a new file with the name which has the partnumber? If yes, you can just call     Document.SaveAs("newfilename",True)

2 - it's possible to check-in the file during the saving and keeping the file checkout?

check-in out will need Vault API. Please post the question in Vault board

3 -  i would like that some of the properties would be transfer to the drawing, like the descripion and the project (this two are from the part properties.

This can be done  directly:  get the properties of the part, get the properties of the drawing, copy the corresponding properties.

4 - transfer also for the drawing the custom titles to the custom iproperties of the drawing as pre fill in.

sure you can do this. get the custom property set of the drawing, add them one by one.

For 3,4 I suggest you take a look API help reference, or refer to this video

http://download.autodesk.com/media/adn/Autodesk_Inventor_API_Module2_Common_Document_Functionality_1...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report