Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Studio VBA: Set render iterations or time from code.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
866 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Studio VBA: Set render iterations or time from code.

Are the number of render iterations or the render time available to be changed while rendering from VBA? I've looked in a lot of places that seemed promising, but so far I've come up short. Below is the GUI access to the options I'm thinking of:

Inventor Studio Image.PNG

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
chandra.shekar.g
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous,

Unfortunately, Inventor studio API does not have a property or method to mention iterations of rendering image. Please log this wish list at idea station using below link.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/idb-p/v1232

Thanks and regards,

CHANDRA SHEKAR G
Developer Advocate
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: chandra.shekar.g

Thank you for clarifying and for pointing me to the wish list, I will add the suggestion there. I have managed to find a workaround for this issue though: Inventor Studio will save what the last used settings were in terms of the iterations.

In my case, this means that I've saved a blank assembly file as a template set to 100 rendering iterations. All I have to do is open it and create my assembly inside of it, run the renderer from code, and everything works as desired. A little round-about maybe, but it gets the job done.

Message 4 of 4
_KarlH
in reply to: Anonymous

I too was needing this problem addressed recently. Running batch renders via iLogic driving Inventor Studio only work if the Render Setting is configured to Iterations. Using "Render Time" works once, and then all subsequent renders come out instantly blank.

Hopefully Autodesk can show some love to the Inventor Studio API/iLogic.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report