Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor material Lenght

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
570 Views, 10 Replies

Inventor material Lenght

Hey!

Im new in here.

I just finished Inventor course for noobies and now im taking next course.

I want to desing furniture.

I have couple of question.

1) isit possible to add material to inventor?

lets say i have 45x45 wood with lenght 3200 mm and 45x45 lenght 2800

2)if i make assembly it looks over library and looks what is best lenght material fo that part

like if i make part whats 2945 it tells in BOM list that take that part 2 times (wich lenght is 3200mm)

and i if i make part whats 2300mm long it tells me to take material what is 2800 mm lenght

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there, 

Welcome to the community.

Yes it is definitely possible to add material to your parts. Even better you can get the mass and volume as well when you have assigned the material and do things like stress analysis.

But what you are looking for is a but of iLlogic. You child learn it in the advanced course. What is the name of the course you are going to attend?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

I would use an additional template (stored in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Templates) with B_L parameter wich usually means length.

In this template you could write an iLogic rule to fill in the Stock Number iProperty.

If B_L>3200 Then
 iProperties.Value("Project", "Stock Number")="Too long"
Else
 If B_L>2300 Then
  iProperties.Value("Project", "Stock Number")="45x45-3200"
 Else
  iProperties.Value("Project", "Stock Number")="45x45-2300"
 End if
End if

Then you can use Stock Number in BOM in iam or idw file.

Message 4 of 11
JoAnn_Hogan

Remember he just finished the Fundamentals (Beginner) training. iLogic and creating templates is still unknown. And as you know iLogic is extremely complicated if you are only a beginner. 

I would suggest that you take your part to your instructor when you are doing the Advanced cource and let him explain it in detail and walk you through it.

Like I normally tell my classes, dont do iLogic if you dont completely understand it

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

@JoAnn: I'm aware that he is a begginner. I just assume that this is not dumb. If he is older than 10 he should get what is all about. And tell me who "completely understand" iLogic. Or enything else.

@Tabla100: Go for the Manage TAB and once you will open the iLogic Browser you will find a SIZE form in every file that will be created from the template I create. I wrote you before where to put this file.

Open the form and play with it. Have fun.

TABLA.png

If you will have any questions don't hesitate to ask. This forum is to help you.

Message 6 of 11
JoAnn_Hogan

I "understand iLogic Completely". 

BTW:

If B_L>3200 Then

iProperties.Value("Project", "Stock Number")="Too long"

ElseIf B_L>2300 Then

iProperties.Value("Project", "Stock Number")="45x45-3200"

ElseIf iProperties.Value("Project", "Stock Number")="45x45-2300"

End if

End if

Double "End If" will give you an error.

Jo - Ann
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Im not that stupid.

I have leran something about ilogic.

I used that in course final work to write param to exel and read them there

Btw i made my last course work like this i made everything to param so if you change all stuff changes and i made it all in IPT

then i used manage to export that to IAM and linked param.

im a bit familiar with ilogic

i try later to set up those materials

i have to figure out like how to sum all parts what have made same material and gives total amount of wood lenght 3200 + other stuff

to make this nice template

thank you all for responds

Message 8 of 11
JoAnn_Hogan

I never said you are stupid. I simply said you should be careful confusing yourself with iLogic if you are still getting use to the basics.

Jo - Ann
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

no harm done thaks for quick respond leave this topic open mayby i have some difficults but i try to read and learn more about all of it in youtube
Message 10 of 11
JoAnn_Hogan

Thought youo might want to have a look at it. Something I have done with iLogic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbl6FfRB4EM

Jo - Ann
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

have you watched this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXiKNqBhlqQ
its amazing and very easy to make something you dont have to assembly something again
this is what im talking about
but it cost a lot of money

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report