Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor ILogic file

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
hayattangercekler2
123 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor ILogic file

Where is the disk location of the file containing my Ilogic rules that I created in Inventor?

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @hayattangercekler2.  If you created internal iLogic rules, then those will be within the Inventor part, assembly, or drawing document that you created them within, not a separate file.  If you created the rule(s) as external iLogic rules, then it would depend on whether or not you set-up your iLogic configuration settings or not, because that is where you can specify where you want them to be stored.  To find your iLogic configuration settings, go to the Tools tab > Options panel (this may need to be expanded down) > and there should be a tool there called "iLogic Configuration".

WCrihfield_0-1666955789821.png

When you click on that, a dialog will pop-up, allowing you to specify several things related to iLogic.

WCrihfield_1-1666956028955.png

Within the top area of that dialog is where you can specify where you want your external iLogic rules to be stored.  Then every time you attempt to run an iLogic rule, and only specify the rule's name, Inventor will first look for the rule in these specified directories.  You can click the plus sign (+) to add directories to the list.  If you already have external iLogic rules, and they are not located within the directories you have specified here, then you will have to specify their full file name (path, name, & file extension) when you attempt to run them by code, so that Inventor can find them.  And I believe their file extension must also match what you have specified here too.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report