Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor API Object Model Diagramm linked

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
pascal_schnabelGTV39
532 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor API Object Model Diagramm linked

Hello,

for writing Inventor Makros I found the published Inventor Object Model Diagram quite useful.

I thought it would be nice to add links to the API Documentation of the single objects. So I tried to write a little python script, that adds links in the pdf to the documentation of the objects. I hope it doesn't violate any rules, but I just wanted to share my created Pdf, so anybody who want can use it. It is not 100% perfect, but most of the objects are linked.

How it works:

If you are interested in the documentation of any Object you can click on it in the pdf and you get to the corresponding documentation website.

The source code for the Python script is stored in this github repository.

If my post violates any rules you can delete it.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Nice work.

Most companies will be blocking script in PDF.

More so when your repository is 404 🤣

Put the pdf in your repo.

Now you'll need to make one for each IV Version 😉

Message 3 of 7

Oops my bad. Changed the repository to public. Now the link should work. The pdf is included.

If I am using Google search, I can only found the Object Model Pdf for the 2022 and the 2017 version of Inventor. Thats the reason, why I made it for the 2022 version.

Message 4 of 7

That pdf come with SDK in each version of IV.

Message 5 of 7

@pascal_schnabelGTV39, nice job.

as Frederick_Law mentioned you can find the PDF for each version by going to the SDK folder such as this for 2024:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2024\SDK

...and then double-clicking the .msi file called DeveloperTools.msi

Once the *.msi file is unpacked, some new folders will be present, and the Object Model PDF will be found in the Docs folder:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2024\SDK\DeveloperTools\Docs

additional information :

https://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-6FD7AA08-1E43-43FC-971B-5F20E56C8846

Message 6 of 7

Thanks I found it. I am using the 23 version. Anyway I looks like not too much changed and my code won't work for the 2023 version, caused they changed something in the API Documentation link on their website. So I will leave the 2023 Pdf as it is for now.

Message 7 of 7

As I got some positive feedback, I tried to to add the links also to the 2023 Object Model pdf. Feel free to use it, if  you want. It seems like they still spelled "BIMCompoonentPropertySets" in the pdf wrong 😅 .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report