Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor API - Extend Surface

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Khoa_NguyenDang
733 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor API - Extend Surface

HI all guy 

Does anybody know how to use the Extend Surface feature in Part Environment with Inventor API

My code is here. But I have no idea to continue to use Extend 

Khoa_NguyenDang_0-1621423359578.png

Khoa_NguyenDang_1-1621423372952.png

If anyone knows it, please help me

Thank you so much!

Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

@Khoa_NguyenDang 

I tried the same in Inventor 2019, but seems like the "Add" method is not yet exposed with Extend Features. See below thread that is quite old but it also states the same.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/vba-inv2012-surface-extend/td-p/3286681

Hope this has answered your question

If this answer has solved your problem please ACCEPT SOLUTION and hit like if you found it helpful..!

Regards,
Dutt Thakar
LinkedIn
Message 3 of 7

It's still not available in Inventor 2021 either.  And when I searched for the topic within the Inventor Ideas forum, I didn't find any matches, so it doesn't even look like anyone is trying to get it implemented.  I also found a much older post from this customization forum, dating back to early 2008 where someone was also inquiring about this, and found out it wasn't available.

@Khoa_NguyenDang  If I were you, I would create a post there on the Inventor Ideas forum that asks for the Autodesk team to expose this ExtendFeatures.Add() method to the API so we can work with it.  Good luck.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 4 of 7

Hi @dutt.thakar 

Thank you for your reply, I also sad to hear that new

So How about the Ruled Surface Feature. Did you use that feature with Inventor API before

I am tried to use that feature instead of Extend 

Message 5 of 7

Hi @WCrihfield 

Thank you for your reply. Hope in the future Inventor API can include the Extend Feature

So How about the Ruled Surface Feature. Did you use that feature with Inventor API before

I am tried to use that feature instead of Extend 

Khoa_NguyenDang_1-1621582228957.png

Message 6 of 7

@Khoa_NguyenDang 

I have not used that feature with API, but I have just checked the API Document and it has got an "Add" method, means you can create that with API. 

You first need to create RuledSurfaceDefinition , Then you can add this in RuledSurfaceFeature method.

You need some inputs for creating RuledSurfaceDefinition which you can check in API Document. This will be a bit tricky task to achieve, but seems like this can be done.

Hope this will help you.

If this answer has solved your problem please ACCEPT SOLUTION and hit like if you found it helpful..!

Regards,
Dutt Thakar
LinkedIn
Message 7 of 7

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report