Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic vs. Main iassembly table

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
vandoren.david
374 Views, 1 Reply

iLogic vs. Main iassembly table

Im trying to edit and create iAssembly members thru iLogic, but running into issues.  This is a multi part question, but kind of along the same lines.  

1) With iLogic, how do I change the values in the iAssembly table?  I've tried doing it via the oFactory.ExcelWorkSheet.Cells(1,1).Value = X, but it doesnt actually change the cell value.  Almost like its missing a Save function. (ie. it will return the set value within the iLogic script, but doesnt update the table.  Like the cell.Value is by value, not reference)

2) How do I add new members? (This could be answered if I can edit the table via ExcelWorkSheet object)

You can do all of this via the "Edit table in Excel" just by changing cell values and adding rows.  Im basically trying to do that, but via iLogic, how-ever I dont know how to set these cell values and have them push to the iAssembly table.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

-David

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

Currently iLogic do not have wrapper for functionality you are looking for. I suggest to use VBA code in iLogic rule.

There are links for iPart rows manipulation.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/vba-ipart-value-from-ipart-table/td-p/5382239

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2013/07/inventor-api-ipart-functionality.html

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report