Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic rules about custom iproperty

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
toznal
219 Views, 1 Reply

iLogic rules about custom iproperty

Hi, there!

I created a rule for changing appearance when I select one of the three types.

I haven't created yet the from, but it's easy and no problem. 

So Now I'm tying to test as parameter. it changes appearance according to the type whenever I select a type in the parameter.

There is no problem so far. That time, what I'm curious about is matching parameters and custom iproperty.

I created this rule.

iProperties.Value("Custom", "A") = A

So When I change type at parameter, it show same at iproperty.

Can the appearance change even if custom iproperty without changing it in the parameter?

In other words, I want the rule to be executed even if I change it in parameter and also i in iproperty

Thank you !!

and I'm sorry I'm not English Native.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
WCrihfield
in reply to: toznal

Hi @toznal.  If you check the checkbox in the column labeled 'export parameter',  within the parameters dialog box, for that specific parameter row, it will automatically create a custom iProperty with the same name and value as that parameter, and every time that parameter changes, it will automatically update the associated custom iProperty.  However, this behavior only works in one direction.  Changes to the parameter will cause the custom iProperty to be updated, but changes to the custom iProperty won't cause the parameter to be updated.  In order to create the behavior of changes to the iProperty causing the parameter to update, you will need to create a local iLogic rule.  This local iLogic rule would likely need to be added into the 'Event Triggers' dialog, on the 'This Document' tab, under the event called 'iProperty Change', so that any time any iProperty changes, it will trigger that rule to run.  This would not be ideal, because that event trigger doesn't know that you only want it to trigger for that one specific iProperty, so it will likely run more often than needed.  In order to only target that one specific iProperty, and have it listen for it to change, then when it does, write its value to the parameter, you would have to create a custom event handler.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report