Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic rule tips

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
222 Views, 1 Reply

iLogic rule tips

Good afternoon.

Currently i'm struggling with iLogic. My part, a table driven is placed inside an assembly, which contains also a DIN Flange. This Flange should change according to the table driven part.

I've solved it like this at the moment:

If Component.IsActive("Inletheader-25 - 0.63-0.8(_FS)25:1") = True

Components.ContentCenterLanguage = "en-US"
	Dim DIN_2633_Welding_Nec = Components.AddContentCenterPart("DIN 2633 Welding Neck Flange Type C Series 1 (ISO) - PN 16 100 x 114.3:1",
                                                           "Tube & Pipe:Fittings:Flanges",
                                                           "DIN 2633 Welding Neck Flange Type C Series 1 (ISO) - PN 16",
                                                           "80 x 88.9",
                                                           DIN_2633_Welding_NecPos)

If Component.IsActive("DIN 2633 Welding Neck Flange Type C Series 1 (ISO) - PN 16 100 x 114.3:1") = True

'	 Component.IsActive("Inletheader-25 - 0.63-0.8(_FS)25:1")	
						Components.Delete("DIN 2633 Welding Neck Flange Type C Series 1 (ISO) - PN 16 100 x 114.3:1")
						Constraint.IsActive("Insert:1") = False

End If 
End If 

I guess there is a better and smarter way, can someone help me?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
A.Acheson
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately I cannot open the 2021 files as I am  on 2020.

Are you using tube and pipe or just plain fittings in the assembly environment?

Are you trying to lock all fitting sizes to the first fitting? Are you adding the fittings by ilogic also or just looking to change the sizes easier?

You could target the ND column which is common across fittings to change the Nominal Diameter of given occurrences once they are placed. In this way you just need to determine which fittings you want to change by using a filter occurance name to search criteria. 

An example of changing existing parts to another member is given here. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/how-can-i-use-ilogic-to-change-size-of-compone...

Can you provide more information by pictures or a workflow explanation?

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report