Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic for syncing members between Content Center families with different material

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
j.pavlicek
307 Views, 4 Replies

iLogic for syncing members between Content Center families with different material

Hello,
I have Content Center families divided by material (there is reason for this, can't use multiple materials in one family table).

So it means that some Content Center part has X families - one for each material variant. These families differ only in material (only the Material column in family table is different). I want too keep same members in all of these X families.

I thought that is provided by linked family, but it seems it links only the base model. Not family tables.

So I'm thinking about some iLogic which provide it for me.

I consider this approach:

Prerequisites:

• All these family members have same name with different suffix (material).
  • Filename and Partumber columns are provided by expression, the only column which is different across these families is the "Material" column
  • Families are saved in RW library

Approach:

1. Make changes in one of the families.
  2. Give name of changed family to iLogic rule.
  3. Go through all families in the Content Center (CC) and check if the (base) name corresponds. If yes, save its family ID.
  4. Go through all families (by ID) cell by cell and write the same values as in the changed family (step 1). Except for Expression and Material columns. And save the family.

I'm pretty sure that I'm able to do steps 1-3.

Getting family ID is for future optimization, because finding the ID's takes lot of time, but accessing by ID is instant.

What I'm not sure is to change family cell by cell. Is there some more elegant solution? Like copy whole columns, or something?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Inventor 2022, Windows 10 Pro
Sorry for bad English.
Labels (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
snappyjazz
in reply to: j.pavlicek

Hello @j.pavlicek 

You can have like parts with different materials all in one content center family. 

image.png

I wish I had the complete documentation ready to post, but I was able to come up with this quickly.

Message 3 of 5
snappyjazz

Hello @j.pavlicek 

You can have like parts with different materials all in one content center family. 

image.png

I wish I had the info to get the complete list of materials handy. Does this help?

Message 4 of 5
j.pavlicek
in reply to: snappyjazz

Yes, I know had it this way, but it causes problems (for example in bolted connections).

Sorry for bad English.
Message 5 of 5
j.pavlicek

I did some research ad now it's impossible to do it in desired scope, because only add Family Table Rows/Columns via API are possible. See Delete content center family table columns via API?

There is also Idea waiting for your votes: Add API support for deletion of ContentTablesColumn.

Sorry for bad English.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report