Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILogic editor - want to bring up intellisense to show objects and all member functions

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
wfajber
201 Views, 4 Replies

ILogic editor - want to bring up intellisense to show objects and all member functions

I just want someone to tell me if I am doing this right or am I overlooking something obvious

I do all my iLogic writing inside the iLogic editor.  I very much appreciate the intellisense which allows me to type in a few letters then get the correct function, type or variable name without misspelling it.

I would like to keyboard in an object type and as I type it, a list of appropriate object names comes up. For example, if I press the keys to type in “WorkPlanes” , as soon as I type the first letter a list of objects comes up for me to select from. But none of them are Inventor objects. 

It works fine when variables are already declared.  I just notice it on creating new variables or finding member functions.

So my code looks like 

Dim wp as Inventor.WorkPlane

instead of the more elegant

Dim wp as WorkPlane

Since the iLogic editor is guaranteed to be working with Inventor objects, I was wondering if this was the expected behaviour.  Is there a setting that I missed?  Perhaps I need to begin the rule with Import Inventor or Uses Inventor or some other namespace keyword. 

Can someone advise if this the normal behaviour for the iLogic editor?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
A.Acheson
in reply to: wfajber

Hi @wfajber 

The list of objects for Inventor API is available at this help page here and image below shows the category.  Are you not seeing the object properties and methods popping up after the object is declared?

AAcheson_0-1713896394990.png

AAcheson_1-1713896520763.png

AAcheson_2-1713896572168.png

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 3 of 5
wfajber

Yes.  But not when I type line 1.

If I want the pop up scroll list to come up, I type

Dim wp  As Inventor.   And the scroll list for the members appears on the depress of  the period.

Message 4 of 5
A.Acheson

That method is available but I personally memorize the object I need and or refer to the help pages for one's I don't remember. 

AAcheson_0-1713899026945.png

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 5 of 5
wfajber

I had this niggling suspicion that the editor could do it, so I wanted to run that to ground.

Thank you for looking into it and everything else you do. I have been on this forum long enough to appreciate the members of the forum aristocracy. 😀

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report