Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ilogic design copy

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
eladm
674 Views, 7 Replies

Ilogic design copy

Hi

I want to copy , assembly .All my files include content center to a different folder

want to use ilogic design copy , Why I can select the library files  ?

regards

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
A.Acheson
in reply to: eladm

Library files and content center files are read only and centrally stored and not part of the project workspace where only writable files are stored.

Using ilogic  copy design the  writable files are moved to new folders/ renamed. The links to the library and content center files remain connected.

If you want content center files and library files in your project workspace you will need to use pack and go. However CC files and library files may need to be renamed in this method to avoid duplicate file locations.

If that answers your question click accept. If that does not or you have more questions, post some screenshots for more assistance.

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 3 of 8
eladm
in reply to: A.Acheson

Hi Alan

With pack and go I can't rename ( even add prefix) 

With Ilogic design copy  the missing library file give "half of job"

By the way - library folder - a read only in one project is writeable  in other project .

Don't want to change to read only with windows explorer . any suggestion on that ?

regards

Message 4 of 8
A.Acheson

@eladm 

Yes you need ilogic to quickly move the folder if you in a panic to start then once moved you can rename with design assistant. I haven’t used it too much but you have to be carefull and ensure the folder paths are correct if you do not use ilogic copy to move them.

Library file is not read only..., Sounds like one of your projects has the library files set to a workgroupsearchpath (category in windows dialogue is coloured blue) ? Or your folder is not set up at all but just in your project cone.

Do not change to read only with windows. The project file controls what is read/write.

It can be easier to have just one project file if the content is all similar. Less settings to be changed/ or figure out what went wrong😑 I started out with a project file for every project. Incorrect move as the content was similar and ended up always being in the wrong project and getting error messages and the settings always were different due to human error. 

Link to set up project.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MDMuPYCEyd0

Regards
Alan
Message 5 of 8
eladm

At one new project create new folder library.

the file will be read only

When change to other project , open files from the other project library file - they will not be a read only

Message 6 of 8
A.Acheson

@eladm 

Are the two library paths the same for each project? If a folder path is placed in the library path of the project it should default to read only.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Unless all the files were change in windows by another user?  but I am unsure what the result would be in this case. 

Try and change the path of the library in the affected project  and do a test file to check results. 

Regards
Alan
Message 7 of 8
eladm

one project workspace

d:/inventor files 1/

the library c:/lib1

2nd project workspace

d:/inventor_2

Can edit the 1st project library . the folder is not read only

didn't change in the windows explorer !

regards

Message 8 of 8
A.Acheson

@eladm 

I suggest make a small video of the issue

if your file names or path names are non confidential . Include  also Inventor year also.

And post it on the regular forum. This way it will get many more user inputs and also help from inventor personal more readily.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/bd-p/78

Alternative is to copy library files to new project folder and check results.

Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report