Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ilogic - Create all required flat patterns views within an assembly in a sheet drawing.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
edgar3M4N8
260 Views, 1 Reply

Ilogic - Create all required flat patterns views within an assembly in a sheet drawing.

Hi,

Do you know how to use ilogic to place the views of all the flat patterns that exists within an assembly? I'd like to place all the flat patterns in a single sheet.

I also would like to add to the label of the flat pattern view the quantities required in the assembly.

The workflow I am aiming is:

1. Run the rule while having active the sheet in the drawing.

2. Select the assembly I want to bring the flat patterns

3. Go to every part and check if they have a flat pattern.

3. Place the flat pattern in the sheet

4. Add to the view label the quantities required in the assembly.

I have attached a code I usually run in the assembly that check if the parts within the assembly have a flat pattern or not, it might be useful somehow.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
A.Acheson
in reply to: edgar3M4N8

Hi @edgar3M4N8 

Could you attach the code you have attempted for your workflow and also questions where your stuck? If your attempting to do this level of automation you need to make an attempt this way you can make mistakes and learn. The forum is designed to help people learn and isn't a free code writing service. Afterall people take time out of there day to respond to these posts and a workflow like this could take anywhere from 30 mins to 6 hours depending on the helpers level of expertise. 

To start with seperate what will happen in the drawing and the assembly. And start to look on this forum for similar posts and start bringing together the code needed. The workflow steps you have posted are a great start so now to the next steps.

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report