Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic code to export ALL iParts as DXF with Different Layers

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
361 Views, 1 Reply

iLogic code to export ALL iParts as DXF with Different Layers

Hi all,

With the help of some forum searching and other posts I've made, I found this link: https://clintbrown.co.uk/2021/01/13/ilogic-export-flat-patterns-of-ipart-members-to-dxf/ to almost solve my problem. The iLogic code in that link exports all flat patterns as a .DXF which is great, but I would like to have it such that the geometry and sketches get exported in different layers for cutting and marking respectively. I know its possible in SolidWorks, but it isn't automated, meaning id have to go 1 by 1 for 400+ parts a day... 

In short, I am looking for assistance in modifying or adding onto this code to export all flat patters, with geometry and sketches on different layers. Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JelteDeJong
in reply to: Anonymous

For exporting geometry on a different layer you dont need to add extra code. But you need to add attributes to add to the geometry that you want exported on a other layer. That cant be done with standard Inventor tools. But it can be done with an iLogic rule or an addin. I wrote a blog post about that and can be found here

Jelte de Jong
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Blog: hjalte.nl - github.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report