Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Code Repository

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
a9011
910 Views, 4 Replies

iLogic Code Repository

Hello colleagues!
Will a github-like resource be created that will contain various solutions using iLogic code?
Thank you for your attention to my question.

Дорогу спроектирует идущий!
Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
WCrihfield
in reply to: a9011

Hi @a9011.  I highly doubt it.  There are some individual Inventor users who frequent this forum who have created their own personal repositories with a few specific solutions being shared like that though.  However, iLogic is just an ApplicationAddIn within the Autodesk Inventor software, and not really its own programming language.  It uses the vb.net system as its basis, and has some of its own resources built-in.  One of the best places to find a ton of examples of pre-existing iLogic code solutions is by searching within this forum.  There are also many personal, and group blogs out there dedicated to posting custom code solutions for Inventor.  Most of the samples offered by Autodesk within their online help area are in VBA, instead of iLogic, and are mostly very old though, which kind of sucks in my opinion.  But those VBA codes are usually fairly basic and easy to convert into iLogic with little effort, when needed.  If you are asking about an 'official', or hosted by Autodesk type repository, you would have to contact someone at Autodesk directly, but I have never them mention the possibility of hosting something like that before over the years.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 3 of 5
Frederick_Law

Search iLogic in Github.

A few people created a few different repositories.

Message 4 of 5
JelteDeJong

A git repository is nothing more than a folder with files. Those files can be files with Inventor files with iLogic rules attached. But that does not make any sense. because you will not be able to see/track the changes because git will only show changes in asci files and Inventor files are binary files. Inventor files should be in the vault in my opinion.

On the other hand, external iLogicrules are just asci files. Tracking those with Git is very well possible. (I would think it's a great idea.) It's also not too difficult, just turn your folder with external iLogic rules to a Git repository. I created a little example repository with external iLogic rules from my blog. (I wanted to do that for a long time anyway) Have a look at: https://github.com/hjalte79/blog-rules . You can clone the repository and setup Inventor like this:

JelteDeJong_1-1685996858308.png

And then there are the source codes of addins. Those should definitely be in a git repository. if you are looking for an example have a look here: https://github.com/hjalte79/ShowFullyConstraint

Jelte de Jong
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Blog: hjalte.nl - github.com

Message 5 of 5
Frederick_Law

Ok, I'll bite.

My first public Repo:

https://github.com/Pineapple-RX93/IV-iLogic-Collection

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report