Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic assembly template, part recreation

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
514 Views, 0 Replies

iLogic assembly template, part recreation

Hello

I'm in a bit of a pickle, i am working on an ilogic library of parts ( as master files) and i want to use those parts for a handful of ilogic master assemblies.

When making the master assembly i ran in to a problem where i needed two instances of an "ilogic master part (controlled by xlsx sheet)" at different values. Until now i'vh used the "place" funtion in the assembly to create a direct link to the  iL master parts. ( im unsure if this is the correct way to make an assembly template) 

The iL master parts has a corresponding .idw (this is why i need a direct link). I use vault atm, and are working on a transition to vault pro for file handling.

The question at hand, when making master assemblies  do you "place" ilogic parts, or use the "place ilogic component" creating multiple "copies" of the master parts? (losing the connection to its idw drawings ?) 

Everything is fine if the "nozzle" is the same size over and under (look at image) , but i want the ability to change them independently, when adjusting and placeing the master assembly. 

Picture is a crude exsample of my problem. 

Inv iL question.JPG

for any advice thanks in advance 🙂

Karl H.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report