Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic - adding welds in assembly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ibo5TKT6
92 Views, 5 Replies

iLogic - adding welds in assembly

Hi there,

Is there a way to add weld beads in weldment assembly by using iLogic? I work on templates which are added to assembly and then i have to add welds by hand, so I was wondering if there maybe is an option to name entities in those parts and then run a code in assembly to create weld bead between two surfaces? Those are usually repeatable models so i would prepare few rules and run those which would be needed in specific cases.

I've tried to do it but i can't find in any welds classes an "add" option - only edit or delete.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AMHumiston
in reply to: ibo5TKT6

Good monring,

are you asking to add the weld in the weld environment, or as a 3d annotation? or on a drawing view?

Message 3 of 6
ibo5TKT6
in reply to: AMHumiston

I am trying to do it on 3D model in weldment assembly
Message 4 of 6
WCrihfield

Hi @ibo5TKT6.  I have not seen any way to add new Weld / WeldBead objects into a weldment type assembly yet.  I am using 2024.3 version right now, but I also checked within the 2025 online API help and did not see anything new in that area that would allow this.  We can do weld symbols now, but not the welds themselves, within the weldment model document.  What we can do is 'activate' the welds sub environment / machining sub environment / preparations sub environment by code, and can find the existing weld / weldbead objects.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 5 of 6
ibo5TKT6
in reply to: WCrihfield

Just wanted to ensure that i don't miss anything, thanks!
Message 6 of 6
AMHumiston

Agree with Wesley i didn't find anything to 'add' a weld bead.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report