Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am writing a custom C# plugin (Add-In) and that need to be distrubued to another machine

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
autodesklicenseIDC
264 Views, 4 Replies

I am writing a custom C# plugin (Add-In) and that need to be distrubued to another machine

Hi - I am writing a C# custom plugin (Add-In) and need to be distributed to different machine. I see that I can manually add the plugin permission in (add-in manager) but, is there any way to programmatically give permission for the plugin to load automatically on Inventor app launch? 

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pball
in reply to: autodesklicenseIDC

I doubt there is any way to do that automatically due to security reasons. If you can digitally sign your addin it is possible to get an addin loaded without having to manually allow it. Unfortunately self signed addins aren't good enough without extra effort.

Here is at least one thread on the topic.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ilogic-and-vb-net-forum/digitally-signing-an-inventor-addin/...

Message 3 of 5
autodesklicenseIDC
in reply to: pball

I have digitally signed the custom add-in dll. But, when I launch the app and in Tools -> Add-In manager shows blocked. Not sure why my custom plugin is blocked even though signed with trusted key. My expectation is custom dll will auto load on app launch and this is what I needed. Is there any way to achieve this via registry entry or something?

Message 4 of 5
pball
in reply to: autodesklicenseIDC

Did you self sign the addin? If so it likely will not auto load unless you can get your self signed cert properly installed on the PC. I've personally not managed to figure this out so I just deal with having to enable the addin with new installs.

Message 5 of 5
JelteDeJong
in reply to: pball

Option 1: Self sign with a certificate then your certificate also needs to be in the "Trusted Publishers" list on the users machine.

Option 2: Add your addin files (dll's and *.addin file) to the AddInLoadRules.xml. This file is not always writable if the user already saved some changes.

More info complete info in this post:

https://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2016/04/add-in-security-in-inventor-2017.html 

Jelte de Jong
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Blog: hjalte.nl - github.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report