Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

how to constrain

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
206 Views, 1 Reply

how to constrain

im a first time user. I've drawn the main shape and extruded to make rectangular prism. im wanting to 2-D draw lines and dimension and constrain. when drawing lines how do I constrain so that they snap to the edge of the face of the rectangular prism im working on? I draw three lines that make a U but when constraining one line, the other 2 don't moveā€¦ and when I dimension another it goes out of the main shape. how should I set up everything so that the lines are as one piece and they don't actually move independently.... ie when I move the horizontal one to be centred to the main shape they all move together

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can use 'project geometry' when you have selected a 2D face or plane on which to sketch,  this will take care of the lines moving around relative to each other as they are constrained to the line/face picked. The projected geometry will probably be construction lines by default so you will have to change them to non construction lines, then you can extrude them or perform another operation.

Have a look through the tutorials as this will be covered in there.

Hope this helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report