Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the order of a component in the BOM

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
roy7BB24
45 Views, 0 Replies

How to change the order of a component in the BOM

Hi All, 

I've recently completed a script to re-number the part numbers of an assembly and changes the part numbering to a semi smart system following a system of

A-01 (is made of)

[P-01-01

P-01-02

P-01-03

A-02

A-05] 

A-02 (is made of)

[P-02-01

P-02-02

A-03

A-04]

A-05 (is made of)

P-05-01

P-05-02

P-05-03

The loose format of the script is as 

Dim BOM As BOM = Doc.ComponentDefinition.BOM
Dim BomView As BOMView = BOM.BOMViews.Item(1)
	For i As Integer = 1 To BOMRows.Count
		'Get the current row
		Dim Row As BOMRow = BOMRows.Item(i)
		'Reference to the primary component definition of the Row
		Dim CompDef As ComponentDefinition = Row.ComponentDefinitions.Item(1)

Following on from here are a number of conditions that identify parts that belong to different groups and schemes. 

The script works as intended; however I have found a minor bug in that there are times I would like to change the order of items in the BOM, i.e. in the example above I would like for A-05 to be above A-02 and be numbered first, or in the somewhat trivial example I would like to change the order of P-01-01 & P-01-02. Note there's no explicit rule right now for how I want to do this, it's more due to how I structure my drawings. 

I've attempted to go into the BOM, drag the rows to where I'd like them to be, saving out and then re- running the script, however it doesn't seem to work. I've tried this in both the model data and the structured BOM with no results. Any assistance would be appreciated

Kind Regards

Roydon Mackay

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report