Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I update the CommandManager.ControlDefinitions list?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
act_mgoodwin
116 Views, 0 Replies

How can I update the CommandManager.ControlDefinitions list?

The issue I have is if I add a new macro, the ControlDefinitions list does not update to include the new macro or update any macros that have been renamed without restarting inventor.

I have made a userform that iterates through ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions

A texbox field for search terms with " " as a delimiter.

Resulting with a live updating list that shows all macros that have each term in the text box (regardless of order) and also includes the term "macro::"

I created this because the built in Macros button seems to always default the "Macros in:" to the current DocumentProject (or whatever is alphabetically last) and I cannot set a default in any way. The default VBA project set in application options would be perfect for this. More painfully the search field in Macros has to be typed in absolute order which isn't great for discovery and just annoying to use. (I have over 200 macros)

I've attached the macro search project for your reference. Apologies, the code is very rough.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report