Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help combining 2 macros

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
323 Views, 3 Replies

Help combining 2 macros

I have a macro that creates drawings of sheetmetal parts and a macro that creates drawings of sheet metal parts, and I'm trying to combine them into one macro and am having issues.  The drawings work fine, but the DXF's all go into the same file instead of sorting by gauge like they are supposed to.  

If you want to test it yourself comment out the lines

If UCase(oRefDoc.PropertySets.Item("Design Tracking Properties").Item("Vendor").Value) = "LASER" Or _
          UCase(oRefDoc.PropertySets.Item("Inventor Document Summary Information").Item("Category").Value) = "LASER" Then

so that it runs on all sheetmetal parts in the assembly and not only the ones marked as laser.

p.s. I know that the simplest way to do it would but some short line like Run "Export_Sheetmetal" then Run "Draw_Sheetmetal"  but that would open each part twice and I'm trying to combine them to save time.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I realized I'm an idiot an forgot to add the files so here you go.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I figured out the problem,  Someone changed it so all of the parts were the same thickness,  so the Dxf's are actually going to the right place but the Drawing macro doesn't update the Custom I property that the Ilogic reads so it was using the old thickness and putting it in the wrong spot.

Message 4 of 4
chandra.shekar.g

@Anonymous,

Thanks for letting us know that you found a solution,

If there are any queries, please let us know.

Thanks and regards,

CHANDRA SHEKAR G
Developer Advocate
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report