Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Constrains during "Replace All" Command to replace an assembly with a Part Alternate

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
799 Views, 4 Replies

Handling Constrains during "Replace All" Command to replace an assembly with a Part Alternate

Hii Mate,

If an assembly is required to be replaced with a part with same features and work plane, what should be the best way to handle constrains. Can we retain the constrains and if not, can we delete all constrains automatically associated with that part which are failing while "Replace all"

Currently I have to do by searching them one by one and delete them.

Labels (5)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If an assembly is required to be replaced with a part with same features and work plane also the same issue of mine site when i clik here on the mail page constrains automatically associated with that part  

Message 3 of 5
dutt.thakar

@Anonymous 

The best way is to fix the constraints or delete them if you have a lot and not able to fix them easily after replacing, them, but I have another suggestion for you if that is helpful.

If you are thinking to replace components, I would suggest you another way if your parts are standard. Instead of using replacing, you can use the new functionality introduced in Inventor 2019 called Manage Components, in Manage components, there will be no same parts initially in your assembly and whenever the user selects a type for example a fitting here (e.g. 2") Inventor will automatically find 2" fitting from the path you specify, add it in assembly and Constrain it automatically. Now if you want to change 2" fitting with 3", when you select 3", Inventor will delete 2" fitting from the assembly, find 3" fitting, and also constrain it.

This is quite a handy and flexible tool, but you need to give a bit extra effort here to configure it, but this will eliminate the problems related to constraints and replacing components because you are not replacing any existing component but you are automating the operation of placing a component in Assembly and constraining it to the desired location.

See the below video, which describes it quite in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsGK8uPAHnQ

Please also read out this document that describes how to use manage components in iLogic.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Inve...

If this is not sufficient and you struggle, please reach out to me with some test assembly attached here and I will try to help you.

If this answer has solved your problem please ACCEPT SOLUTION and hit like if you found it helpful..!

Regards,
Dutt Thakar
LinkedIn
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dutt.thakar

Hii Datt Thakur Jii,

Thanks for your solution. It sound great. Let me try with my version of Inventor (2016).

Will let you know.

Regards:

Raj

Message 5 of 5
dutt.thakar

@Anonymous 

It won't work with Inventor 2016, This functionality is only available on Inventor 2019 and later versions.

If this answer has solved your problem please ACCEPT SOLUTION and hit like if you found it helpful..!

Regards,
Dutt Thakar
LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report