Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get trigger on clicking "Tutorial Gallery" in Get Started tab

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
prakash.muthu
278 Views, 5 Replies

Get trigger on clicking "Tutorial Gallery" in Get Started tab

Please help to find command or event triggered on clicking "Tutorial Gallery" in Get Started tab. Tried by checking start command event but not getting called.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
WCrihfield
in reply to: prakash.muthu

Hi @prakash.muthu.  The name of the command that gets executed when you click that button is "TutorialGalleryCmd".

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 3 of 6
WCrihfield

You may be able to use the event within the UserInputEvents object named OnActivateCommand, to monitor for that command being activated, however, there does not appear to be any documentation about its 'Context' variable, so it may be a bit difficult to work with. 

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
prakash.muthu
in reply to: WCrihfield

Below events not getting triggered

OnActivateCommand

OnStartCommand

OnTerminateCommand

Message 5 of 6
WCrihfield

Hi @prakash.muthu.  I had not tested whether or not it would be caught by monitoring those events prior to posting, but this morning after seeing your response I tested it with the OnActivateCommand event, and observed the same outcome as you.  When I click on other tools like the 2D Sketch button or the Extrude button it is triggering the OnActivateCommand event, but it is not triggering that event when I click on the Tutorial Gallery button, the What's New button, the Team Web button, or the Help button on the Get Started tab.  They may be a different kind of command that is not monitored by that event.  I'm not sure.  Since clicking the Tutorial Gallery button seems to change the 'Environment', maybe you could monitor for that environment transition, but I have not tried that myself yet either, and I do not know if there is an environment specifically named for use with the tutorial gallery.  Maybe what we are seeing displayed within the model window after clicking that button is something more like a WebBrowserDialog, because you can access pretty much the same thing through the help button drop-down, then Learn More, then Tutorials, which takes you to a web site, but but I am not sure because I have never explored into it before.  Just relaying some thoughts.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
prakash.muthu
in reply to: WCrihfield

Hi Wesley Crihfield,

Thanks for the details. Even OnEnvironmentChange event not getting triggered. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report