Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Question - iLogic Reference Info? Where to find?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tdswanson
374 Views, 4 Replies

General Question - iLogic Reference Info? Where to find?

Hey everyone:

I've made a few posts lately about some simple utilities that I've been working on.  I have another piece of code that I need to generate and I don't know how to go about it.  Which begs the question:  Is there a reference available for what objects are available for each object type?

For example, to change the type of a tolerance on a hole to "H6", here's the code:

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

<Hole Name Here>.SetToFits(31244,("H6"),(""))

My question is that if I wasn't able to find this information in some code posted on a forum, where would I go about finding this information?  Is there a book or a website that contains all the of available commands for each object type (the stuff after the period in the above code)?  Let's face it, unless I'm really operating it wrong, the help files aren't all that helpful searching for something very specific like this.  So to all the folks who write all this awesome code, where are you getting your smarts from?   Maybe I'm missing something in the editor, like a browser or something......  I'd appreciate any advice that you have to give.  Thanks!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

If you need to know which values/properties and so on that are available, the best way to do that is look in the programming help of inventor for vba.

ilogic & vba/vb.net references are the same.

Knipsel.JPG

If you think this answer fullfilled your needs, improved your knowledge or leads to a solution,
please feel free to "kudos"
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: tdswanson

From Inventor go to the tools tab and open the VBA editor. From the VBA editor go to the view menu and select object browser (or press F2).

Everything is in there and you can right click and choose help on anything to find more info on it.

Message 4 of 5
LukeDavenport
in reply to: Anonymous

I use the API help for iLogic rules as a first port of call - that's the
fancy iLogic coder's secret weapon!
[image: Inline image 2]
Message 5 of 5
tdswanson
in reply to: LukeDavenport

Thanks for all your help everyone!  I don't know that I had ever gone into the "main" Inventor help section, much less the API help section, or thought to go into the VBA editor to find help.  When you're in the iLogic editor and you click on the question icon, it sends you to the AutoDesk website, which only has very general stuff on it, which isn't really useful when you're wanting to look up something specific.

Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report