Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find overlapping sketched symbols with drawing views

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Kay_Rethmeier
122 Views, 2 Replies

Find overlapping sketched symbols with drawing views

Hey there,

I'm looking for some iLogic code which could detect, if a sketched symbol is overlapping with:

a) an other sketched symbol    or

b) with a drawing view

Are there any ideas to do this? I have no idea so far?

Thank in advance!

Bye

Kay

Cheers
Kay (Principal CAD-Consultant)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
WCrihfield
in reply to: Kay_Rethmeier

Hi @Kay_Rethmeier.  You are likely not getting many responses because what you are asking for would not only require a lot of relatively complex code, and a lot of time to design & test, but also the resulting solution would most likely not be very accurate anyways.  This is because it would likely have to use rectangular bounding boxes, even if the contents of the SketchedSymbol and/or view may be round, or some other odd shape.  So it could be common to get a lot of false positives (at least visually).  Plus it is likely that no one else would have any use for a code based tool like that.

If you had some existing code for this task that you were having trouble with, and wanted some advice on how to fix it,  improve it, or make it more efficient, then you might get more responses (less work for us 😉).

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 3 of 3
Kay_Rethmeier
in reply to: WCrihfield

Hi Wesley,

thanks for your response. I forgot this post... But anyway, we think about adding some next stamps onto our drawings and I wanted to get some first ideas, if somebody was doing something similar. - So if not, than we will do this whithout these checkings..... and check this by hand.

Regards

Kay

Cheers
Kay (Principal CAD-Consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report